Six New Members and Two IPSI Collaborative Activities Endorsed
We are pleased to announce the IPSI Steering Committee recently endorsed six new member organisations. Bringing IPSI’s total membership to 298 organisations! Meet the new members:
- Akita Satoyama Design LLC – Industry or private sector organization, Japan
- Green Movement of Sri Lanka Inc. – Non-governmental or civil society organisation, Sri Lanka
- Mauritian Wildlife Foundation – Non-governmental or civil society organisation, Mauritius
- Node Creative Company – Industry or private sector organization, Chinese Taipei
- Miaoli County Saisiyat Indigenous People Forestry and Worker LLC – Non-governmental or civil society organisation, Chinese Taipei
- Yilan County Government – National or Local governmental organisation, Chinese Taipei
We look forward to collaborating closely with all of them to promote the Satoyama Initiative concept in the future.
Moreover, the Steering Committee approved three new IPSI Collaborative Activities, bringing the total number of activities to 60. The new activities are:
- Mutual learning or resilience of SEPLS through restoring rural landscapes in Japan – Akita Satoyama Design, Akita International University, Conservation International, Akita Prefecture, Oga City, people with knowledge and expertise in and around Oga City
- Flying Vets Mongolia – The International Council for Game and Wildlife Conservation (CIC), Ministry Of Environment And Tourism of Mongolia, World Organization for Animal Health (WOAH), Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS)
IPSI members are encouraged to propose activities carried out cooperatively by multiple organisations, including at least two IPSI members, as IPSI Collaborative Activities. If any IPSI members would like to propose a new Collaborative Activity, please contact the IPSI Secretariat for the Proposal Form.