Conservation Alliance International
Type of organization: Non-governmental or civil society organization
The stated goal of Conservation Alliance is to conserve biodiversity for human development. Specifically, to:
- Promote public POLICIES that seek to enhance the sustainable use of natural resources.
- Conduct environmental EDUCATION and public awareness about the importance of biodiversity.
- EMPOWER communities to adopt recommended practices.
- Conduct RESEARCH and program monitoring to guide decision-making.
- Promote PARTNERSHIP and collaboration with government agencies, research institutions, private sector and communities.
These are centered on four thematic areas:
- SCIENCE AND RESEARCH – Advancing science and knowledge that demonstrate the linkages between human well-being and ecosystem services derived from healthy ecosystems and species guides the selection of our overall priorities and informs the effectiveness of our interventions.
- CONSERVATION – Bringing together the people and skills needed to build Africa’s capacity to conserve biodiversity through sound science, local initiatives and good governance.
- HUMAN WELLBEING – CA assists fringe communities in Africa in creating economic opportunities that result in improved wildlife and habitat management, and wealthier healthier communities.
- EDUCATION & AWARENESS – Implementing communications through targeted campaigns that increase the understanding of development that values and protects nature among the general public and select key audiences, and communicating CA’s success so that others can replicate it.