ISAP 2015 – “Solutions for Change”
The International Forum for Sustainable Asia and the Pacific (ISAP 2015) will be held on 28 and 29 July 2015 at the Pacifico Yokohama Conference Center in Yokohama, Japan. ISAP is a major event held each year, with speakers on sustainability from around the Asia-Pacific region and the world. The theme of this year’s event will be “Solutions for Change: Forging Multi-stakeholder Partnerships towards 2030″, with a focus on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and climate change.
We would like to bring two events surrounding ISAP 2015 to your attention:
1) The United Nations University Institute for Advanced Studies (UNU-IAS) and the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES) will hold a parallel session on “Satoyama and Sustainable Development:Bridging Project Financing and Knowledge Generation” during the International Forum for Sustainable Asia and the Pacific (ISAP 2015) on 29 July 2015 at the Pacifico Yokohama Conference Center in Yokohama, Japan.
Presentations are expected from experts in SEPLS around Asia and the world, including:
• Kazuhiko Takeuchi, Senior Vice-Rector, United Nations University (UNU) / Director and Professor, Integrated Research System for Sustainability Science (IR3S) The University of Tokyo
• Wataru Suzuki, Senior Coordinator, United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS)
• Yoko Watanabe, Asia Regional Coordinator of Programs, Global Environment Facility (GEF)
• Yasushi Hibi, Vice President for Asia Policy / Managing Director for Japan Program, Conservation International
• Prasert Trakansuphakon, President, Indigenous Knowledge and Peoples (IKAP) Network, Thailand
• Kazuaki Hoshino, Project Professor, Kagoshima University
For more information about this event, please contact the IPSI Secretariat or see the event page on the ISAP website here.
2) The Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) programme at United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS) will hold a symposium where the ProSPER.Net-Scopus Young Scientist Award in Sustainable Development will be awarded on 27 July 2015 at the Pacifico Yokohama Conference Center in Yokohama, Japan, back-to-back with ISAP2015 (see above).
The ProSPER.Net-Scopus Young Scientist Award in Sustainable Development is given annually to young scientists or researchers, based in the Asia-Pacific region (excluding USA and Canada), who have made significant contributions in the area of Sustainable Development. For 2015, Awards will be given in the areas of Energy, Water and Biodiversity.
More information about the event, including the programme and instructions for registration, can be found on the ProSPER.Net website here.