- Fiji (Cakaudrove Province) Oceania
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP); Ministry of the Environment, Japan; Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity; United Nations University (UNU)
Summary Sheet The summary sheet for this case study is available here. The Landscape Geography The target landscape for COMDEKS activities in Fiji is the Natewa-Tunuloa Peninsula, covering an area of about 25,000 hectares. It is located on t...
Community-based monitoring and information systems as an emerging toolkit to improve management of SEPLS
- Global Global
- Forest Peoples Programme
Summary Sheet The summary sheet for this case study is available here. Introduction [Note: This case study was first published in the Satoyama Initiative Thematic Review vol. 1. Since it was first produced, further developments have occurred, many ...
Enhancing knowledge of socio-ecological production landscapes and seascapes in Vava’u, Kingdom of Tonga
- Kingdom of Tonga (Vava’u Archipelago) Polynesia
- Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP); International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
Summary Sheet The summary sheet for this case study is available here. Introduction [Note: This case study was first published in the Satoyama Initiative Thematic Review vol. 1] The Kingdom of Tonga is identified by Burley et al. (2012) as th...
- Australia (Queensland) Australia and New Zealand
Australia has a highly advanced agricultural sector and has largely depended economically on the export of agricultural products, despite receiving small amounts of rainfall over most of its territory. This is mainly due to large-scale farm ma...
- Solomon Islands (New Georgia Island, Western Province) Melanesia
In addition to subsistence activities such as farming, fishing and gathering food from forests, in recent years the residents of the Solomon Islands have been making their livelihoods by obtaining cash through activities such as selling marine resour...