Groupe d’Intervention pour l’Encadrement et la Réhabilitation Intégrale (GIERI) / Landcare Network DRC
GIERI (Groupe d’Intervention Pour l’Encadrement Et La Rehabilitation Integral) or Intervention Group for Farming and Integral Rehabilitation is a non profit organization registered in the Democratic Republic of Congo since 1997.
GIERI’s mission is to contribute in building conditions of peace environment and to promote the community development in its range. Adopting the Philosophy of Australian Landcare principles, GIERI has several aims, including:
- Improving the nutritional requirements of the people by adopting appropriate operating framework for the rehabilitation of existing agrarian structures, victims of natural disasters or war;
- Participate in any action aimed at environmental protection and environmental sanitation;
- Rallying the community development environment based on the initiatives of the local population;
- Actively participate in advocacy activities for the promotion and socio-economic reintegration of youth;
- To contribute to the alleviation of poverty and vulnerable to disaster especially to facilitate their reintegration into the workforce;
- Promoting the Carbon Sequestration by protect the Forest community.
- Promoting AgroEcology and Food Sovereneity.