Committee of Intermunicipal Associations of the State of Jalisco (CAIEJ)
The CAIEJ is an organ that has fostered the strengthening of capacities, the technical administrative and legal advice, the coordination and prioritization in the allocation of the state budget, for each one of the intermunicipal boards that comprise it.
These models of environmental governance constitute a proposal for territorial management based on horizontal decentralization, institutional strengthening and administrative modernization of the municipalities that encourage the development of governance processes, coordinated, comprehensive, participatory, inclusive and effective that offer comprehensive solutions to the environmental challenges and the defense of the biocultural heritage of the Jalisco territory.
The Boards Intermunicpales have affected the territory through:
- Strengthening environmental governance and citizen participation in the management and management of the territory, fostering theformation of citizen councils to contribute to the management and decision-making contained in a triple helix where the government, academia and society have voice and vote.
- Promotion and participation in the implementation of a pilot model of Bicultural Landscape in the Western Sierra of the State
- Identification of the products, by-products, goods and services that give regional identity and that they harbor is their productive and commercial process identity cultural elements
- Promote the sustainable use of these products and strengthen their production chains, conserving the original practices in their preparation and marketing
- Support the processes of denomination of origin of indigenous products
- Generate in the rural communities the technical and administrative capacities for the knowledge and sustainable management of their biocultural heritage
- Preparation of73 Municipal Climate Action Plans and their implementation in 4 regions
- Elaboration ofintermunicipal strategies for environmental education for sustainability of forests
- Toacquisition and installation of technified nurseries for the production of native plants , community nurseries and backyard orchards
- Constructionpots scavenging water tanks community, and water purification plants and d
- Operating serve as Technical Body and executing the program “Natural Areas Conservation” with managementand OPERATION n Natural Areas Protegidas
- Management and financing ofbras or soil conservation, rehabilitation of priority areas, building apiary s and reforestaciones with native species and emblematic
- Construction of intermunicipal sites for waste management and acquisition of equipment and vehicles for collecting solid urban waste
- Extraction of aquatic invasive species in freshwater bodiesin Lake Chapala, Presa de la Vega and Laguna de Zapotlán, and their conversion into compost to benefit degraded soils
- Implementation ofproductive projects with vulnerable groups and young residents