Center for Green Economy Development – Nepal (CGED – Nepal)
The Centre for Green Economy Development, Nepal (CGED-Nepal) is a first of its kind joint private and civil society knowledge-based company, registered in Nepal. It has been established by committed and knowledgeable individuals and institutions to develop, synthesize, share, and learn concepts, practices and partner on green economic development strategies and approaches. Our objectives are:
- To develop and disseminate knowledge-based solutions, technical services, and tools to help the government of Nepal and other stakeholders move toward green economic policies and strategies;
- To promote a strategic development approach to better link economic development to environmental sustainability, social inclusion, and changing climate;
- To mobilize policy support and research-based information to quantify and disseminate the benefits of green development investments for society;
- To ensure results-oriented capacity building and training for developing the institutional, technical and individual capacity of GOs and NGOs; and
- To carry out research, studies, workshops and high-level conferences to share new knowledge, good practices, success stories from around the World to help Nepal sustainably develop and manage its biodiversity and ecosystem services.