South Asian Forum for Environment (SAFE)
SAFE is an NGO in India, whose objectives are:
- Address conservation issues in socio-ecological production landscape and seascapes especially with reference to rivers, lakes and wetlands in floodplains, coastal habitat and mangroves, estuarine ecosystems and near-coast seascapes, eastern Himalayan terrains and as well tropical rainforests, through community based demonstrable interventions.
- Conduct action research at science-society interface to identify smart solutions in the milieu of climate change towards sustainable agriculture and alternative livelihood by implementing climate adaptive interventions for marginal commons.
- Impart sustainable lifestyle education for climate awareness and supplement it with community preparedness for disaster mitigation thereby augmenting resilience to climate change in both vulnerable urban and rural areas
- Sustainably intensify ecosystem services through community wise-use, participatory resource budgeting and by advocating ‘Biorights of Commons’ for inclusive growth to facilitate technology cooperation and financial inclusion through capacity building of marginal communities at poverty-peril corner towards risk spreading and risk coverage as well.
- Integrate strategic communication paradigms in operational framework of the organization by using digital and alternative media, publications and social networking along with cyber peering towards knowledge economy for environmental awareness and climate justice.
For more information, see the SAFE website at http://www.safeinch.org.