Shumei International’s goal is to promote a deeper understanding of our interconnectedness with the natural world and one another in order to achieve sustainable development and create a more peaceful and prosperous world. Shumei International supports a sustainable lifestyle, which is in harmony with nature and contributes to the well-being of the global community and the planet.
The organization’s objectives include:
- Contributing to the transformation of current agricultural systems to holistic ecological approaches through the establishment of grassroots projects, capacity-building and education;
- Protecting biodiversity in all its forms with a focus on saving indigenous seeds;
- Preserving indigenous knowledge, especially ecosystem management;
- Supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals through education and advocacy;
- Fostering an appreciation of diverse cultures and beauty through the arts and culture; and
- Collaborating and partnering with a wide range of organizations and stakeholders on joint programs, knowledge-sharing and best practices.
For more information, see the website at http://shumei-international.org/.