Pgakenyaw Association for Sustainable Development (PASD)
PASD’s objectives are:
- To enhance the community capacity in restoring and transmitting knowledge, local wisdom, as well as, the tradition and culture of the Pgakenyaw
- To enhance the capacity of high area community in revitalizing and conserving natural resources and environment along the collaboration of every concerned side focusing on participation and sustainability
- To support the leadership development for the community and network leading to the true community development by the community
- To enhance the community capacity in conducting the alternative agriculture and career development appropriately basing on the community productive roots
- To enhance the community capacity for developing education and health as well as to assure the access to basic rights as Thai citizen
- To enhance the community capacity in exchanging learning and compiling indigenous knowledge and wisdoms including the conduction of research at the national and international levels
PASD work based on regeneration of natural resource and environment. Creation of model areas in natural resource and environment management by community organization at community, watershed and national park levels through participatory approach such as supporting of local community to made a fire break line, forest ordination, seeds variety protection in rotational forming and community income generate(coffee, honey, handicraft and organic product process).
For more information, see the website at Pasdthailand.org.