Community Entrepreneur Development Institute (CENDI)
The Community Entrepreneur Development Institute (CENDI) is the outcome of a dynamic process of adapting to the changing needs of Indigenous Ethnic Minority Peoples in the Mekong region. Its function is to consolidate and strengthen prestigious community leaders who voluntarily lead their communities in initiatives of customary institutions in preserving and enriching biodiversity and cultural identity by having them recognized as ‘community entrepreneurs’.
CENDI’s objectives are:
- To contribute to strengthening young indigenous farmers and women and concerned stakeholders for capacity and innovative knowledge (combined traditional and current) towards empowerment of their socio-political, cultural and economic positions.
- To contribute to strengthening the customary-based institution in resources use planning and sustainable management through inter-villages networking action and cross-sectors/stakeholders to co-governing the process.
- To promote the co-governance and co-management of resources especially for watershed ecosystem and biodiversity conservation between State and non-State actors including recognition of roles of indigenous governance scheme and traditional ecological knowledge.
- To contribute to strengthening leadership amongst young indigenous farmers and women and concerned stakeholders in the field of enterprising their local niche eco-products recognized and certified under indigenous culture and identity for wisdom protection and niche mindful market approach.
- To facilitate the scale-up of further agro-ecological farming methods and practices into other farming communities for ecosystem and biodiversity restoration and also ensure SEPLS sustainability especially in the context of current resources degradation in Vietnam and certain parts in the Mekong region.
For more information, see the CENDI website at http://cendiglobal.org/.