- Japan (Tohoku) Eastern Asia
- Earthwatch-Institute, Japan
On 22nd May 2011,”The Tohoku Green Renaissance Project” has been declared by Tohoku University and local NPOs as follows: “The massive earthquake and tsunamis of 11th March 2011 caused catastrophic damage to the coast line of Tohoku region. ...
Promoting co-management of socio-ecological landscapes in flood dependent agroforestry, pastoral and fishery systems of eastwards flowing rivers of Eastern Africa through scientific research and indigenous knowledge
- Kenya Eastern Africa
- Kenya Wetlands Biodiversity Research Team (KENWEB)
Project concept Problem statement: Over the last fifty years, Eastern African wetlands in general and the lower floodplains in particular, have experienced major changes due to climate change, land use changes, upper catchment impoundments, agricult...
- Cambodia South-Eastern Asia
- BirdLife International
1. General Description and Regional Context The northern and eastern plains of Cambodia represent the most intact remnant ecosystem of a landscape that is thought to have once dominated southern Indochina and Thailand (Hout et al., 2003). ...
- Malawi (Chindozwa, northern Malawi) Eastern Africa
- United Nations University Institute of Advanced Studies
Lake Malawi, the third largest lake in Africa, has the greatest number of endemic fish species in the world and is a biodiversity hotspot. Its rapidly evolving cichlid species are estimated at around 1,000. In particular, the mbuna group of rock...
- Australia (Queensland) Australia and New Zealand
Australia has a highly advanced agricultural sector and has largely depended economically on the export of agricultural products, despite receiving small amounts of rainfall over most of its territory. This is mainly due to large-scale farm ma...
- Argentina (Misiones) South America
While extremely long longitudinally, the Latin America alone cover a broad range of latitudes and accompanying climates, from tropical in the north to polar in the south. Argentina, which is situated at the southern tip of South America, is a major a...